Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Full-Body Goosebumps




So, a few weeks ago, the schedule for the Savannah Film Fest came out. The Film Fest usually looks like a ballot for the Academy Awards. This year, there were a bunch of great movies coming including An Education, Men Who Stare at Goats, and Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire. When I saw that they were playing Precious, I thought I might pee. It got even better when I read that director Lee Daniels and star actress Gabourey Sidibe would be attending the screening.

Anyone who personally knows me knows that I am a sucker for anything sad and depressing, and anything that involves Oprah. So it shouldn't be a shock that I can't wait to see Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire, which happens to be produced by Oprah. Precious chronicles the teenage years of Clareece 'Precious' Jones' (Gabourey Sidibe) life, and documents the abuse from her ferocious mother, Mary (Mo'Nique). Mo'Nique's character Mary is the definition of a horrendous mother. She continuously beats Precious, and makes Precious feel like she is worth nothing. The movie also stars a unrecognizable Mariah Carey, Lenny Kravitz, Paula Patton, and Sherri Shepard.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment