Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Oh, Come On!

Today, whilst diddling around on Facebook, I saw a picture of one of my young friends (16 years old) and I have to say, I was disturbed. Not only was she wearing more makeup than I even own, but she was also wearing a tight strapless minidress with a studded belt and 4-inch Christian Louboutins. This seems to be a trend among modern adolescents of the world.  


They might not be as slutty as Miley (see below), but they definitely don't dress their age, in my opinion. I find it mildly ridiculous. When I was little, I wore Limited Too and flower-print Keds slip-ons.  My dad would have dropped dead before letting me out of the house in a dress that barely covered my pre-pubescent bum, let alone leather spiked heels.


(Are you kidding me? This child just turned 16.)

Now, I realize that this is Hollywood and it's a totally different world, where young girls are on some sort of fast-track to adulthood and sex appeal, but I guess, I'm a little old-fashioned.  Doesn't anyone want to hold onto their childhood anymore? Sure, I wanted to wear a bra way too early, but I didn't run around after school in leather jackets and skinny jeans (although, not exactly popular at the time). 

Exhibit A: Little Miss Dakota Fanning
(What- is she 10?!)

(Look at those shoes!!)

(Remember when she was small, small, small in I Am Sam?)

("Oh hey, I'm 15 and I'm wearing combat boots." WTF.)

Jeez,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment