Wednesday, June 10, 2009

On the Job

It's my second week of work at Elle. I'm feeling very city savvy (my mom likes to say "Manhattan maven").  I work Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays and I am busy busy busy each day.  

Today, I called boutiques in New York, L.A., and North Carolina (?!) to confirm info for our Shopping Guide. The boutiques are carrying items for the September issue. Everyone was very nice and helpful, but the jewelry store in North Carolina was so busy, the woman could barely pay attention to what I was saying. She told me the store is always hectic at lunch time. Who is buying fine jewelry on their lunch break in North Carolina in this economy? Someone tell me.

Since this is the first job I've actually wanted, I have a lot of fun with it.  A big celebrity is coming to the office on Friday....but I can't tell you who it is....

-Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment