Thursday, January 14, 2010

"An advertiser's dream"

First of all, I love, love, love Drew Barrymore. And I am a huge fan of her as a Covergirl. Paige always said that I was an advertiser's dream, and I see more and more every day how accurate that is. In the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic, Rebecca Bloomwood relates the euphoric feeling of shopping to "butter sliding down hot toast". Well, that's how I feel when I see a cool commercial or magazine ad-- "I want it. Now. Like, right now."

(Every problem starts somewhere)

True story: I was reading some sort of gossip magazine that I probably grabbed approximately three seconds before reaching the cashier at Kroger, and I flipped to an enticing ad for Covergirl Lash Blast mascara featuring the lovely Miss Barrymore. I was instantaneously intrigued. Only seconds later, I saw Drew and her mascara dancing around on TV. I recall it being a very blissful moment. "Ooo, I want that stuff," I said under my breath. Before Paige even had time to laugh at me, I was putting my shoes on to venture to the nearest CVS.

I have come to terms with the fact that I have issues, but come on, doesn't she just make you want to buy things?

I want these.

Fierce.

This looks like something I could like.

After seeing this ad for the second time, I remembered that I needed these.

Consumerism love,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment